Protect Marine Wildlife
It has been clear for a long time that Gov. Phil Murphy’s irrational green energy goals, facilitated by offshore wind projects, may pose significant risks to marine life.
Since this last December, New Jersey has recorded an alarming number of whale deaths, and more recently, eight dolphins died after washing ashore in Sea Isle City. While the DEP claims there is no link between wind farms and damage to marine life, the logical thing to do would be to pause all offshore wind projects until we have more data.
Despite these deaths, Gov. Murphy is continuing his aggressive green energy goals, which call for increasing offshore electric wind generation to 11,000 megawatts by 2040. To date, several offshore wind projects have been approved by the state Board of Public Utilities. One would add 98 wind turbines in Ocean and Cape May counties and others could produce as many as 350 along Atlantic County’s shoreline.
ICYMI: Most recently, news broke that Ørsted, the foreign company developing the massive wind farm off the Jersey shore, cannot fulfill their promise and is set to back out of Phil Murphy’s “Energy Disaster Plan.” The battle may be won, but the war is not over.
Please take a moment to read our legislative team’s statement following news that Ørsted is pulling out of NJ’s offshore wind project.
“It’s a beautiful day in the Garden State. The people of New Jersey have sunk the wind right out of Ørsted and Governor Phil Murphy’s sails. Our team will continue to be a watchdog on the Murphy Administration which has vowed to continue pursuing off-shore wind on the Jersey Shore as a part of the administrations ‘Energy Master Plan’. We will NEVER stop fighting for the residents of Legislative District One and New Jersey, even when it is initially unpopular to do so.”
Read these articles to stay in the loop:
What’s in the News:
- VIDEO: Testa Talks About Republican Efforts to Save the Whales on Fox News with Martha MacCallum
- VIDEO: Testa Talks About Wind Farm Concerns & Whale Deaths on Fox & Friends
- VIDEO: Senate Republicans Explore Whale Deaths & Wind Farm Concerns at Independent Hearing
- Southern Shore Lawmakers Say Unprecedented Whale and Dolphin Deaths Warrant Suspension of Offshore Wind Projects
- 8 dolphins dead after mass stranding event in Sea Isle City, New Jersey
- Dolphin Deaths Spur Calls for Wind Power Halt in New Jersey
- Another Dead Whale Washes Up – This Time In Ocean City, N.J.
- Sea Isle City residents express concern over rising number of dolphin strandings, deaths